Regardless of the format you choose, the training session is divided into three parts, Awareness, Analysis and Action and can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Awareness and Analysis sections will help participants uncover unconscious insensitivity. Self-awareness, through guided reflection, is an important step in developing a social and emotionally intelligent practice.
In a free and democratic society, no one has the right to tell you what to think. However, organizations have a legal right to set boundaries on employee behavior. Because our beliefs and expectations affect our interaction with clients and coworkers, it is important to bring them into conscious awareness and take steps to mitigate their influence. The end goal of the introspective process is to aid participants in working with “others” outside their comfort zone.
The Action section provides participants with tools to communicate effectively in a supportive and sensitive manner in order to deliver the highest service possible.
In the self-study and webinar format, the section also includes a special module for teachers, team leads, supervisors and managers that will help them take a more measured and sensitive response when dealing with poor performers.
At the close of the workshop, the facilitator will guide you in developing a Personal Action Plan. An Action Plan is a list of tasks that you have to carry out to achieve an objective. It differs from a To Do List in that it focuses on the achievement of a single goal. Wherever and whenever you want to achieve something, draw up an action plan. This allows you to concentrate on the stages of that achievement, and monitor your progress towards it.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals who desire to improve their ability to build relationships in the context of diversity;
- Those who wish to become more effective at promoting gender and ethnic sensitivity in line with their organization's policy;
- Individuals involved in direct sales, client relations or managing a diverse staff base
The workshop will give you some practical tools and techniques that will improve your ability to:
- Communicate effectively in a supportive and sensitive manner;
- Understand the factors that drive your behavior;
- Cultivate personal respect for differences.