Professional Boundaries (webinar & self-study)
Webinar & self-study objectives
The one-on-one instructor led online course incorporates the same modular design of all our courses tailored to your specific needs. When you register, let us know the optional agenda items.
The webinar is scheduled around your availability. All you will require is a computer, laptop, or smart device with internet access to enjoy a rich multimedia learning opportunity.
You can now attend our webinars using your smart device. Download and install the FREE Adobe Connect app from the Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, Android Market, or Blackberry App World.
Wi-Fi connection recommended.
At the close of the session, the workshop facilitator will require you to develop your own Personal Action Plan in order to solidify a commitment to professional practice.
- Encourage virtuous behavior in public spaces by helping you to pay strict attention to professional boundaries;
- Instill and/or renew a higher level of commitment to adhere to professional standards in lean and rich communication channels;
- Defend your personal and collective image, identity, and reputation by focusing on impact and not intent.
Module 1 - Professional boundaries
- Course overview
- Minds-on: Toxic communication in public spaces
- Big ideas and your goal
- Personal and Professional boundaries
- Building an “Us” community”: A model of human behavior [optional]
- Dealing with annoying and inappropriate behavior
- Using values to build productive relationships
- A pathway to professionalism
- Legal boundaries: Thinking impact
- The HBRC model for thinking impact [optional]
Module 2 - Building a community of trust
- Theory of implicit bias
- Reflective practice: Extinguishing implicit bias
- Challenging sexism [optional]
- Creating a mindset of inclusion with organizational or community subcultures
- Five skills for building professional rapport
- Listening for the emotional temperature
- Humor: Reflecting on its value
- Thinking about "communityship" [optional]
- Personal next steps: My path to honoring boundaries
Webinar registration coming soon!
Self-study registration cooming soon