The self-study course incorporates all of the elements of the in class and webinar content with asynchronous feedback from a facilitator.
Regardless of the format you choose, the training can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
The course is inquiry driven in order to spur engagement with the content. A key inquiry question for participants is as follows: "How could the concept of boundaries help me create a more respectful, professional and inclusive environment?"
At the close of the training, participants complete a Personal Next Steps Plan in order to solidify a commitment to appropriate and professional interactions. A certificate of completion is provided at the end of the training once the participant's Next Steps Plan is reviewed by the facilitator.
- Course overview
- Introduction & Big ideas
- Your learning goal & writing task
Awareness: Boundaries thinking
- Definitions game
- Sex-based boundaries
- Giving compliments
Prevention: Personal next steps
- Sex-based implicit bias
- Social media boundaries
- Creating a culture of inclusion (leaders only)
- Personal next steps (action plan)
- Final assessment of learning
The workshop will give you some practical tools and techniques that will improve your ability to:
- Communicate effectively in a supportive and sensitive manner;
- Understand the factors that drive your behavior;
- Cultivate personal respect for differences.