- Develop mindful habits in all aspects of service in a diverse climate.
- Master the skill, behavior and attitude of a person who builds authentic connections with individuals across cultures (or outside their comfort zone).
- Unconscious bias (simple stories) hinders the creation of authentic connections with colleagues, customers, clients, and anyone you interact with.
- You can mitigate the impact of unconscious bias (value and respect others) by associating positive images and words with those outside your comfort zone.
- Unconscious bias prevents us from seeing the big picture or discerning the impact of our behavior.
MODULE 1 – AWARENESS
I can describe the skills, behavior, and attitude that supports respectful communication when talking about or dealing with people from different regions of the country or the world
- A general theory of unconscious (implicit) bias
The authority of the unconscious mind
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
I can use the 2-plus-1 competency model to build my capacity to promote respect for diversity and engage in inclusive leadership behavior.
Diversity and Inclusion: A 2-PLUS-1 competency-based framework
MODULE 2 – ANALYSIS
BIAS IN ACTION
I can use the lens (concept) of simple stories to uncover and identify bias that hinders authentic customer connections.
Theory of bias
MODULE 3 – ACTION
MITIGATING THE INFLUENCE OF UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
I can use the lens (concept) of simple stories, values, and the open and honest communication model to build authentic connections with stakeholders?
Five strategies for building authentic connections with customers
Using values to build authentic, trusting relations with coworkers
Valued, respected and heard: Engaging in open and honest communication
Personal Next Steps